Monday, January 18, 2010

Muddy Creeks, Muddy Rivers, Muddy Creek Falls




I don't know why I'm attracted to waterfalls but since I've begun my photographic journey, I've often thought about what it would take logistically to photograph every waterfall in America. This said by a person who really doesn't swim all that well. I know that taking photos of waterfalls really shouldn't need me to actually be in the water, but you should have seen some of the people at Muddy Creek Falls when I was in Oakland, MD. If I remember correctly, there is a little shelf-like protrusion where you could (if you really wanted to and felt,  oh, I don't know, particularly stupid that day!) walk to the top edge of the falls.

Have I mentioned that waterfalls, at least the ones I've shot recently, have a really long drop to the bottom? That's one of the things that makes the really dramatic ones all "waterfall-y".

I remember the shutter going off in my camera and me thinking, "I really don't want to take a picture of someone falling off this cliff; I really don't want to take a picture of someone..."





I guess sometimes there's beauty in danger and danger in beauty, to an extent.




0 comments:

Post a Comment