Saturday, January 16, 2010

Travel Light



Oh, you have no idea how I have no idea how to do this! I'm learning as I go along, but every time I think I have a handle on the "sitch", they switch handles. I've had to fly a couple of places on photo shoots, and have really made an effort to travel as lightly as I can. I have my rolling camera bag - a bag which I researched into the wee small hours of the morning to make sure that it fit carry-on specs - and my carry-on .

Is it just me, or are they deliberately making planes smaller?!

I went to Pictage's Partnercon in New Orleans last November. Much to my dismay, two of my connecting flights were on planes that I swear were the size of toy models for giants. (Or maybe they were toy models - I don't know.) It was a fight to convince flight attendants that yes, the bag will fit on the plane and no, I will not and can not let you put my camera equipment and livelihood in the belly of the plane. I was able to keep my gear with me (thankfully!), but the whole experience gave me a screaming headache.




OK; it's 2010 now. When are we going to get the Star Trek technology to beam to wherever we need to go?




0 comments:

Post a Comment